Venue: Council Chamber, Daneshill House, Danestrete
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
CRIME & DISORDER COMMITTEE
The Community Select Committee, sitting as the Council’s Crime and Disorder Committee is to receive a presentation form the Police on community safety matters that they have been engaged in over the past year.
As well as the Police, the Executive Portfolio Holder responsible for Community Safety, Cllr Jackie Hollywell and the Council’s Community Safety Manager, Sarah Pateman will be in attendance.
The Chair has set some specific issues that she has asked the Police to address including:
· Policing of the town centre
· Recent burglaries - information to help Members understand if this is potentially a trend or more isolated cases?
· Prevalence of marijuana across the town - is anything being done?
· Are ward priorities too focussed on cars?
· Explanation of what resources exist to tackle crime of all types in Stevenage
URGENT PART I BUSINESS
To consider any Part I business accepted by the Chair as urgent
EXCLUSION OF PUBLIC AND PRESS
To consider the following motions:
1. That under Section 100(A) of the Local Government Act 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the ground that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as described in paragraphs 1 – 7 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act as amended by Local Government (Access to Information) (Variation) Order 2006.
2. That Members consider the reasons for the following reports being in Part II and determine whether or not maintaining the exemption from disclosure of the information contained therein outweighs the public interest in disclosure.
URGENT PART II BUSINESS
To consider any Part II business accepted by the Chair as urgent