Venue: Council Chamber. View directions
Contact: Ramin Shams (01438) 242308 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Michael Downing, Maureen McKay, Teresa Callaghan, Chris Howells and Graham Lawrence.
Councillors Philip Bibby, Nazmin Chowdhury and Rob Broom were in attendance as substitutes.
There were no declarations of interest.
22/00369/FPM - BARNWELL LOWER SCHOOL, COLLENSWOOD ROAD, STEVENAGE PDF 702 KB
To consider an application seeking planning permission for the erection of a new secondary school and new Stevenage Education Support Centre (SESC) building, together with associated works and refurbishments including the provision of games areas, informal play areas, a substation, landscaping and car parking, following the demolition of the vacant former Collenswood and Barnwell School buildings.
It was RESOLVED that the application 22/00369/FPM be deferred to the next meeting of the Committee. The Committee deferred the application and required the applicant to provide further information on the following key issues:
· Redwing Close: The Committee would like to have detailed information on the mitigation for Redwing Close, including marshalling conditions and a potential traffic order for the road. This was to protect the residents of Redwing Close for the increased in traffic.
· Pedestrian Access: The Committee would like the applicant to provide increased pedestrians access to the site. The pedestrian access could be from the Marlborough Road, Collenswood Road or Cromwell Road amongst other options.
· Acoustic Fencing: Further information was required regarding the impact acoustic fencing would have on the nearby residents on Marlborough Road
URGENT PART I BUSINESS
To consider any Part I Business accepted by the Chair as urgent.
EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
To consider the following motions that:
1. Under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item of business on the grounds that it involved the likely disclosure of exempt information as described in Paragraphs 1 - 7 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act as amended by Local Government (Access to information) (Variation) Order 2006.
2. That Members consider the reasons for the following reports (if any)being in Part II and determine whether or not maintaining the exemption from disclosure of the information contained therein outweighs the public interest in disclosure.
URGENT PART II BUSINESS
To consider any Part II Business accepted by the Chair as urgent.