Decision Maker: Audit Committee
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Officers responded to the following questions raised by Members:
· Annual Governance Statement (AGS) 2017/18 Action 3 – new arrangements for the delivery of repairs and voids had resulted in improvements to service delivery during Quarter 3 of the 2018/19 financial year;
· AGS 2017/18 Action 4 – about a third of the Fourth Tier Management reviews had been completed. The remaining two-thirds, mainly comprising staff in the Housing & investment Team and Stevenage Direct Services, were scheduled for completion during Quarter 1 of 2019/20;
· AGS 2017/18 Action 5 – a draft ICT Strategy (including investment proposals) and roadmap was being developed to enhance improvement activity throughout 2019/20;
· AGS 2018/19 Action 1 – the Assistant Director (Corporate Services & Transformation) undertook to provide Members of the Committee with further detail as to the resourcing of the Aids & Adaptations Policy, and the review of the ability and financial viability to take on sub-contracted works in-house;
· AGS 2018/19 Action 7 – the SIAS Client Audit Manager confirmed that the governance framework and business plan for the CCTV Partnership was due to be reviewed at the meeting of the Joint CCTV Partnership Committee at its meeting to be held on 10 April 2019; and
· SBC’s Corporate Governance Group was chaired by the Assistant Director (Finance & Estates), with the Assistant Director (Corporate Services & Transformation) as Vice-Chair, and comprised other senior officers, as well as the SIAS Client Audit Manager.
It was RESOLVED:
1. That progress on significant corporate governance enhancement activity during 2018/19 be noted.
2. That corporate governance enhancement activity identified for 2019/20, for inclusion in the Council’s 2018/19 Annual Governance Statement, be noted.
Publication date: 19/03/2019
Date of decision: 19/03/2019
Decided at meeting: 19/03/2019 - Audit Committee