(MEETING TO BE HELD - IN PART - JOINTLY WITH THAT OF THE AUDIT COMMITTEE)
Date: Monday 28 June 2010
Time: 6.00 p.m.
Place: Shimkent Room, Daneshill House, Stevenage
Contact: Richard Lovelock
Tel: 01438 242215
THE FIRST PART OF THE MEETING TO BE HELD JOINTLY WITH THE AUDIT COMMITTEE
- APPOINTMENT OF PERSON TO PRESIDE
To appoint a person to preside over the element of the meeting which will be held jointly with the Audit Committee.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- *STATEMENT OF ACCOUNTS 2009/10 AND CAPITAL CONTROL SYSTEM DETERMINATIONS
To receive a presentation from the Head of Finance and the Strategic Director (Resources) on the 2009/10 Statement of Accounts, and certain capital financing determinations required under the Local Government and Housing Act 1989 and the Local Authorities (Capital Finance and Accounting) Regulations 2003.
Following the presentation, Members will be invited to ask questions of clarification.
At this juncture, the Statement of Accounts Committee will be requested to adjourn to allow the Audit Committee to consider the report and to agree any recommendations.
At the rise of the Audit Committee the Statement of Accounts Committee will reconvene and Members will receive details of any recommendations from the Audit Committee on this matter
- URGENT PART I BUSINESS
To consider any Part I business accepted by the Chair as urgent
- EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC (if required)
To consider the following motions:
- That under Section 100(A) of the Local Government Act 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as described in paragraphs 1-7 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act as amended by SI 2006 No.88.
- That Members consider the reasons for the following reports (if any) being in Part II and determine whether or not maintaining the exemption from disclosure of the information contained therein outweighs the public interest in disclosure.
- URGENT PART II BUSINESS
To consider any Part II business accepted by the Chair as urgent.
Original agenda published: Friday 18 June 2010.
*Supplementary agenda published: Tuesday 22 June 2010.