Date: Tuesday 10 March 2009
Place: Shimkent Room
Contact: Pat Wilkings
Tel: 01438 242203
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- NOTIFICATION OF CHAIRMAN/CHAIR
To note the appointments of Councillor Mrs Joan Lloyd as Chairman of the Employer Side and Courtney Giles as Chair of the Staff Side.
- APPOINTMENT OF PERSON TO PRESIDE AT THE MEETING
To appoint either the Chairman of the Employer Side or the Chair of the Staff Side to preside at this meeting.
- TERMS OF REFERENCE AND COMPOSITION
To note the following terms of reference for the Joint Committee as agreed by the Executive on 11 June 2008 and its composition.
Terms of Reference
To meet jointly with the Staff Side, Joint Consultative Committee to consult with employees, via their representative, on developments affecting them on matters not resolved by the Strategic Management Board.
The Joint Committee shall comprise:
- 4 Members of the Stevenage Borough Council, appointed annually by the Executive (the Employer Side);
- 7 current employees of the Council (the Staff Side), appointed annually by the Authority's recognised Trades Unions.
- The names of those individuals appointed by both the Employer Side and the Staff Side are list as 'Members' above.
To approve as a correct record the Minutes of the JCC meeting held on 17 October 2007.
To consider the following motion:-
'That under Section 100 (A) of the Local Government Act 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as described in paragraph 4 of Part I of Schedule 12A of the Act.'
- MINUTES - 17 OCTOBER 2007
To approve as a correct record the Part II Minutes of the meeting of the JCC held on 17 October 2007.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
- ITEM REQUESTED BY STAFF SIDE - SINGLE STATUS AGREEMENT - UPDATE
- ITEM REQUESTED BY STAFF SIDE - UPDATE ON CURRENT STRUCTURES
- URGENT PART II BUSINESS