Venue: Shimkent Room - Daneshill House, Danestrete
Contact: Fungai Nyamukapa (01438) 242707
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Apologies for absence were received on behalf of Cllr L Harrington.
There were no declarations of interest.
MINUTES - 4 JUNE 2019 PDF 76 KB
To approve as a correct record the Minutes of the Community Select Committee held on 4 June 2019.
It was RESOLVED that Minutes of the Community Select Committee meeting held on 4 June 2019 are approved as a correct record for signature by the Chair.
SPORTS AND LEISURE ACROSS THE TOWN PDF 131 KB
To consider a revised scoping document and presentation regarding the “Sports and Leisure across the town” scrutiny review.
The Community Sports and Leisure Development Officer introduced his presentation and informed the Committee that Stevenage Leisure Limited (SLL) managed a number of sports centres in Stevenage on behalf of the Council. The presentation covered the following:
• Leisure Providers
• Community Sports Network
• Sports Clubs
• Outdoor Facilities/Activities
• Leisure 50
• School Sports
• Projects & Events
The Committee raised a number of issues including publicity of events, a request for membership and attendance statistics for sports and leisure events in Stevenage and site visits. The Assistant Director (Communities & Neighbourhoods) and the Community Sports and Leisure Development Officer responded to Members’ questions. The Committee commended the Community Sports and Leisure Development Officer (a former SBC apprentice) for the informative presentation.
With regard to the sports and leisure review, the Chair advised Members to seek relevant case studies from residents.
It was RESOLVED:
1. That the update be noted
2. That the revised Provision of Sports & Leisure Opportunities Scoping Document be adopted
3. That the references to “Theresa Callaghan” and “Lou Rossati” in the scoping document be amended to “Teresa Callaghan” and “Loraine Rossati” respectively
4. That the Assistant Director (Communities & Neighbourhoods) facilitates the Committee’s visits to sports and leisure facilities in Stevenage
5. That the Assistant Director (Communities & Neighbourhoods) liaises with Stevenage Leisure Limited regarding the provision of attendance statistics, membership figures and the demographic breakdown of sports and leisure facility users
6. That the Scrutiny Officer provides a provisional timetable for visits to Stevenage sports and leisure facilities
7. That the Scrutiny Officer provides a sports and leisure questionnaire template for guidance on the review
URGENT PART 1 BUSINESS
To consider any Part I business accepted by the Chair as urgent
EXCLUSION OF PUBLIC AND PRESS
To consider the following motions:
1. That under Section 100(A) of the Local Government Act 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the ground that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as described in paragraphs 1 – 7 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act as amended by Local Government (Access to Information) (Variation) Order 2006.
2. That Members consider the reasons for the following reports being in Part II and determine whether or not maintaining the exemption from disclosure of the information contained therein outweighs the public interest in disclosure.
URGENT PART II BUSINESS
To consider any Part II business accepted by the Chair as urgent