Venue: Council Chamber, Daneshill House, Danestrete, Stevenage
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Doug Bainbridge, Teresa Callaghan, Wendy Kerby and Maureen McKay.
There were no declarations of interest.
To approve as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting of the Council held on 26 January 2022.
It was RESOLVED that the Minutes of the Special Meeting of the Council meeting held on 26 January 2022 be approved as a correct record and signed by the Mayor.
To approve the Council’s Final General Fund and Capital Budgets for 2022/23, projected 2021/22 General Fund and Capital Budgets, and final proposals for the 2022/23 Council Tax and Council Tax Support Scheme.
[Note: Approval of the Council Tax Resolution set out in Appendix F is subject to confirmation of the precept figures for Hertfordshire County Council, which won’t be available until after the County Council has met to determine this on 22 February 2022.]
The Leader presented the proposed 2022/2023 Budget, projected 2022/23 General Fund Budget and final proposals for the 2022/23 Council Tax and Council Tax Support Scheme. The Leader moved the Motion, recommendations of the Executive and the formal Council Tax Resolution that had been circulated to Members. This was seconded by Councillor Mrs Joan Lloyd, Deputy Leader.
After a full debate, a recorded vote* was taken and it was RESOLVED:
1. That the following be approved:
a. the revised working revenue estimates for the year 2021/22 amounting to £11,680,510 and the revenue estimates for 2022/23 amounting to £11,151,760;
b. the contribution from balances totalling £1,458,912 in 2021/22;
c. the contribution from balances totalling £1,055,629 in 2022/23.
2. That it be noted that at its meeting on 19 January 2022 the Executive calculated the amount of 28,003.7 Band D equivalent properties as its council tax base for the year 2022/23 in accordance with Regulation 3 of the Local Authorities (Calculation of Council Tax Base) Regulations 1992 made under Section 31B of the Local Government Finance Act 1992 as amended by Section 74 of the Localism Act 2011.
3. That the following amounts be calculated by the Council for the year 2022/23 in accordance with Sections 31 to 36 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992 as amended by Section 74 of the Localism Act 2011:
Being the amounts given by multiplying the amount at 3d. above by the number which, in the proportion set out in Section 5(1) of the Act, is applicable to dwellings listed in a particular valuation band divided by the number which in that proportion is applicable to dwellings listed in valuation D, calculated by the Council, in accordance with Section 36(1) of the Act, as the amounts to be taken into account for the year in respect of categories of dwellings listed in different valuation bands.
4. a. That it be noted that for the year 2022/23 Hertfordshire County Council have stated the following ... view the full decision text for item 3.
To consider an Officer report that recommends the approval of the Treasury Management Strategy 2022/23, including the Prudential Code indicators.
The Council considered a report in respect of the Annual Treasury Management Strategy 2022/23 including its Annual Investment Strategy Prudential Indicators and Minimum Revenue Provision (MRP) Policy following consideration by the Audit Committee and Executive.
It was moved, seconded and RESOLVED:
1. That the Treasury Management Strategy 2022/23, as attached at Appendix A to the report, be approved.
2. That the prudential indicators for 2022/23 be approved.
3. That the Minimum Revenue Provision Policy be approved.