Venue: Council Chamber. View directions
Contact: Ian Gourlay (01438) 242703 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no apologies for absence.
Councillors Teresa Callaghan and Graham Lawrence CC declared interests in Item 3 and 4 relating to Land North of Stevenage, off North Road and Weston Road, Stevenage, as they were both Members of the Friends of Forster Country. Councillor Lawrence also stated that, along with other Woodfield Ward Members, he had attended a meeting with Friends of Forster Country at which the application had been discussed, but had not participated in any debate and had only listened to what had been said. Both Members remained in the meeting and took part in the deliberation and vote on the item.
To approve as a correct record the Minutes of the meetings of the Planning & Development Committee held on 9 February 2023 and 15 February 2023.
It was RESOLVED that the minutes of the Planning and Development Committees held on 9 February 2023 and 15 February 2023 be approved as correct records and signed by the Chair.
Reserved matters application for the construction of a Country Park including access, layout and landscaping pursuant to Outline permission 17/00862/OPM.
The Committee considered an application for Reserved Matters for the construction of a Country Park including access, layout and landscaping pursuant to Outline permission 17/00862/OPM at the land to the North of Stevenage, Off North Road and Weston Road, Stevenage.
It was RESOLVED that application 22/00781/RMM be DEFERRED for the following reasons:
· The provision of a comparison between the baseline assessment for biodiversity net gain for the Country Park and the re-assessment of the baseline assessment by the Herts & Middlesex Wildlife Trust;
· The carrying out of further consultation on the Country Park proposals with other groups/organisations, such as disabled groups, schools and local community groups/residents, and consideration be given to obtaining advice from the National Trust;
· Further discussions with the applicant regarding the “mound” to be created in the Country Park using material displaced as part of the approved residential development under Reserved Matters applications 22/00808/RM and 22/00810/RMM;
· Further discussions with the applicant regarding the a more imaginative design of the car park toilet block;
Further discussions with the applicant regarding the
Highways Safety along Weston Road/Great Ashby
· Further discussions with the applicant/HCC Highway regarding the width of the footways to be provided across the site.
· Further justification for the size of the car park.
To note a report on decisions taken by the Assistant Director (Planning and Regulation) in accordance with his delegated authority.
To note a report on planning appeals / called-in applications.
URGENT PART I BUSINESS
To consider any Part I Business accepted by the Chair as urgent.
Planning applications 22/00808/RMM and 22/00810/RMM – Land to the North of Stevenage, off North Road and Weston Road, Stevenage
In relation to the above applications, which had been granted permission by the Committee at its meeting held on 9 February 2023, the Assistant Director (Planning & Regulation) advised that a number of the conditions had been amended by officers to reflect the accurate Plan numbers and to incorporate extra information that had since been provided.
EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
To consider the following motions:
1. That under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item of business on the grounds that it involved the likely disclosure of exempt information as described in Paragraphs 1 - 7 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act as amended by Local Government (Access to information) (Variation) Order 2006.
2. That Members consider the reasons for the following reports (if any)being in Part II and determine whether or not maintaining the exemption from disclosure of the information contained therein outweighs the public interest in disclosure.
URGENT PART II BUSINESS
To consider any Part II Business accepted by the Chair as urgent.