To launch a Co-operative Inclusive Economy Charter in support of the Council’s approach to Community Wealth Building.
The Executive considered a report on a proposed Co-operative Economy Charter for the Borough.
It was RESOLVED:
1. That the Co-operative Inclusive Economy Charter, as set out at Appendix A to the report, be approved, and that it be launched in July 2020, making an early contribution to the Council’s plans for economic recovery.
2. That the proposed action plan, as set out in Paragraph 4.6 of the report, be approved.
3. That the content of the Council’s pledge, as set out in Paragraph 4.8 of the report, be approved.
4. That the Charter be monitored by a single working group, reporting to a cross-party advisory Community Wealth Building Group, chaired by the Leader.
5. That the working group develop a series of metrics to help measure the impact of Community Wealth Building on the Stevenage economy.
Reason for Decision: As contained in report.
Other Options considered: As contained in report.