Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Committee considered an application for Reserved Matters for the construction of a Country Park including access, layout and landscaping pursuant to Outline permission 17/00862/OPM at the land to the North of Stevenage, Off North Road and Weston Road, Stevenage.
It was RESOLVED that application 22/00781/RMM be DEFERRED for the following reasons:
· The provision of a comparison between the baseline assessment for biodiversity net gain for the Country Park and the re-assessment of the baseline assessment by the Herts & Middlesex Wildlife Trust;
· The carrying out of further consultation on the Country Park proposals with other groups/organisations, such as disabled groups, schools and local community groups/residents, and consideration be given to obtaining advice from the National Trust;
· Further discussions with the applicant regarding the “mound” to be created in the Country Park using material displaced as part of the approved residential development under Reserved Matters applications 22/00808/RM and 22/00810/RMM;
· Further discussions with the applicant regarding the a more imaginative design of the car park toilet block;
Further discussions with the applicant regarding the
Highways Safety along Weston Road/Great Ashby
· Further discussions with the applicant/HCC Highway regarding the width of the footways to be provided across the site.
· Further justification for the size of the car park.
Publication date: 16/03/2023
Date of decision: 14/03/2023
Decided at meeting: 14/03/2023 - Planning and Development Committee