Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Executive considered a report seeking the approval of the draft Biodiversity Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) for public consultation.
In response to Members’ questions, officers replied as follows:
· Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSIs) – if a development had a direct impact on a SSSI then the Council could request a biodiversity financial contribution from the developer. If the required biodiversity improvements could not be provided on-site, then the financial contribution would be added to the biodiversity funding “bank” in order to provide improvements off-site (which could include the maintenance and enhancement of SSSIs); and
· Biodiversity SPD exemptions – the exemption relating to nationally significant infrastructure included projects such as HS2 or major motorway expansion schemes.
It was RESOLVED:
1. That the content of the draft Biodiversity Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) be noted.
2. That delegated powers be granted to the Assistant Director (Planning & Regulation), following consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Environment & Regeneration, to make minor amendments as are necessary in the final preparation of the draft SPD prior to its consultation.
3. That the draft Biodiversity SPD be published for consultation from 30 November 2020 to 25 January 2021.
Reason for Decision: As contained in report.
Other Options considered: As contained in report.
Publication date: 18/11/2020
Date of decision: 18/11/2020
Decided at meeting: 18/11/2020 - Executive