THE FIRST PART OF THE MEETING TO BE HELD JOINTLY WITH THE AUDIT COMMITTEE
1. APPOINTMENT OF PERSON TO PRESIDE
To appoint a person to preside over the element of the meeting which will be held jointly with the Audit Committee.
2. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
3. STATEMENT OF ACCOUNTS 2013/14 AND EXTERNAL AUDITOR'S AUDIT FINDINGS REPORT FOR THOSE CHARGED WITH GOVERNANCE
To receive a presentation from the Strategic Director (Resources) on the External Auditor's Audit Findings Report and the 2013/14 Statement of Accounts required under the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2011.
Following the presentation, Members will be invited to ask questions of clarification.
At this juncture the Statement of Accounts Committee will adjourn to allow the Audit Committee to consider the report and to agree to any recommendations.
At the rise of the Audit Committee the Statement of Accounts Committee will reconvene and Members will receive details of any recommendations from the Audit Committee on this matter.
Report and appendices attached.
4. URGENT PART I BUSINESS
To consider any Part I business accepted by the Chair as urgent
5.EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
To consider the following motions:
1. That under Section 100 (A) of the Local Government Act 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as described in paragraphs 1-7 of Part I of Schedule 12A of the Act, as amended by SI 2006 No.88.
2. That Members consider the reasons for the following reports being in Part II and determine whether or not maintaining the exemption from disclosure of the information contained therein outweighs the public interest in disclosure.
6. URGENT PART II BUSINESS
To consider any Part II business accepted by the Chair as urgent.