Date: Monday 29 June 2009
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Place: Shimkent Room, Daneshill House, Stevenage
Contact: James Hazlewood
Tel: 01438 242215
- APPOINTMENT OF PERSON TO PRESIDE
To appoint a person to preside over the element of the meeting which will be held jointly with the Audit Committee.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- STATEMENT OF ACCOUNTS 2008/09 AND CAPITAL CONTROL SYSTEM DETERMINATIONS
To receive a presentation from the Head of Finance and the Strategic Director (Resources) on the 2008/09 Statement of Accounts, and certain capital financing determinations required under the Local Government and Housing Act 1989 and the Local Authorities (Capital Finance and Accounting) Regulations 2003.
Following the presentation, Members will be invited to ask questions of clarification.
- APPROVAL OF STATEMENT OF ACCOUNTS 2008/09 AND CAPITAL CONTROL SYSTEM DETERMINATIONS
To consider the report on the Statement of Accounts 2008/09 and Capital Control System Determinations (as set out at item 3 above), in the light of any comments/recommendations from the Audit Committee.
- URGENT PART I BUSINESS
To consider any Part I business accepted by the Chair as urgent
- EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
To consider the following motions:
- That under Section 100(A) of the Local Government Act 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as described in paragraphs 1-7 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act as amended by SI 2006 No.88.
- That Members consider the reasons for the following reports being in Part II and determine whether or not maintaining the exemption from disclosure of the information contained therein outweighs the public interest in disclosure.
- URGENT PART II BUSINESS
To consider any Part II business accepted by the Chair as urgent