Date: Wednesday 15 July 2009
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Place: Shimkent Room, Daneshill House, Stevenage
Contact: James Hazlewood
Tel: 01438 242215
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- MINUTES - 13 JANUARY 2009
To approve as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting held on 13 January 2009.
- MEMBERS' ALLOWANCES AND PAYMENTS
Report on a review of Members' allowances, payments and support and Members' guide to the allowances scheme and other assistance.
- REGISTER OF MEMBERS' INTERESTS
Review of Register of Members' Interests and Registration of Gifts and Hospitality.
- THE STANDARDS COMMITTEE (FURTHER PROVISIONS) (ENGLAND) REGULATIONS 2009 AND STANDARDS BOARD FOR ENGLAND GUIDANCE ON OTHER ACTION
The purpose of the report is to advise the Committee on new statutory provisions for Standards Board intervention, Joint Standards Committees and dispensation and of new guidance from the Standards Board for England on Other Action.
- STANDARDS BOARD FOR ENGLAND ANNUAL RETURN
Stevenage Borough Council Annual Return to the Standards Board for England.
- THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT OMBUDSMAN'S ANNUAL REVIEW FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2009
To review the Ombudsman's complaint statistics for 2008/9.
- URGENT PART I BUSINESS
To consider any Part I business accepted by the Chair as urgent.
- EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
To consider the following motions:
- That under Section 100(A) of the Local Government Act 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as described in paragraphs 1-7 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act as amended by SI 2006 No.88.
- That Members consider the reasons for the following reports being in Part II and determine whether or not maintaining the exemption from disclosure of the information contained therein outweighs the public interest in disclosure.
- URGENT PART II BUSINESS
To consider any Part II business accepted by the Chair as urgent.